Visceral Manipulation is an organ specific fascial mobilization technique that evaluates and treats the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, fascia and ligaments.
Visceral Manipulation increases proprioceptive communication within the body, thereby revitalizing a person and relieving symptoms of pain, dysfunction, and poor posture.
The common musculoskeletal conditions treated with visceral manipulation therapy are-
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Neck & shoulder pain
- Chronic low back pain
- Viscero-postural dysfunctions
What are the advantages of Visceral Manipulation?
Here are some visceral manipulation benefits that would help you gain functionality and mobility:
- Reduced constipation and bloating
- Reduced muscle pain(chronic)
- Reduced joint pain
- Enhanced digestion
- Reduced post traumatic viscero-emotional pain
How many sessions are required?
The condition of each individual differs and the number of sessions will vary too. A lot of people can get desired results within 3-5 sessions of therapy while others may need additional sessions.
Few visceral organs treated for musculoskeletal pain at Synapse Physio.
- Liver manipulation for right shoulder joint pain and restriction
- Gallbladder and stomach for neck and left shoulder joint restriction
- Duodenum for lower thoracic spine stiffness
- Small intestine and mesenteric root manipulation for low back pain
- Uterus manipulation for sacral and coccygeal pain
- Stomach and oesophageal manipulation for GERD.
- Pelvic and abdominal organs manipulation for constipation.
Visceral manipulation is safe and non-invasive technique performed with soft touch hardly less than 5 gram of hand pressure of therapist and it is highly effective with instant results.
Know More About Us